"School is not a preparation for life, school is life." -John Dewey
The Community for Learning is a bilingual elementary and secondary school, which focuses on the individual needs of each student, taking into account academic, social and emotional needs, in order to ready them for the challenges of a world in constant change. We follow a Dominican as well as international curriculum, preparing our students to be members of a global community.
We advocate learning that:
- Strengthens students' basic skills and competencies such as reading, writing, and math.
- Develops the analytical and interpretive skills needed to understand the flood of information generated in the 21st century.
- Broadens students understanding of their world and its diverse cultures.
- Teaches the communication and interpersonal skills necessary to function in a world more complex and challenging than ever before.
Our Learning Environment
The classroom should be:
- A WORKPLACE with a clear structure that everyone understands
- A COMMUNITY where children gather for a common purpose: to learn
- A LABORATORY where students explore themes through simulations of real-life situations according to the Project Based Learning model (PBL)